Presented by Valentina Masotti
Our illustrious speaker, Valentina Masotti, rice sommelier, comes to us from her home in Rome, Italy, where she will serve up a cornucopia of delectable rice history, teach us about the different classifications of rice, and demonstrate how to properly prepare risotto. Here’s what’s on our rice guru’s menu:
- What kind of rice is cultivated in Europe and in Italy.
- What should we use for different recipes? (We’ll discover the European classification to distinguish the different types.)
- The milling process: white rice and whole rice.
- Round rice: from soups to dessert.
- Sushi rice: crystalline round grain.
- Long B grain for salads and pilaf. Not only Basmati!
- Long A grain for risotto.
- Black whole rice and red whole rice.
- The international history of risotto.
- How to prepare risotto in 4 steps.
Bio: Valentina Masotti is considered one of Italy’s most respected food authorities, She is both a certified Rice Sommelier and Wine Sommelier, has published cookbooks on rice, and offers online classes in Italian and English.
Saturday, June 10, 2023
10 a.m. Central Time
Presented Via ZOOM
If you are not already on our email list, then to receive zoom link,
please e-mail: Culinary.Historians@gmail.com