Currently all our programs are presented virtually via Zoom on Central Time. Once we can meet again, we hope to continue with both live and virtual programs. Please read the full event notices for details because days and times often vary. You are encouraged to join our email list to receive advance notices followed by day-of-meeting reminders with the required Zoom link. You are always welcome to become a member.
Culinary Historians of Chicago:
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022 @ 7 PM via Zoom: Nieman Ranch
- Saturday, August 20, 2022@ 3:30 PM at the Elmhurst History Museum: Dave Oberg, Executive Director led tour of ‘Eat Your Heart Out: Iconic Chicagoland Foods’ (now until October 2)
- Saturday, October 1 @ 10 AM via Zoom from the United Kingdom: Fool’s Gold: A History of British Saffron with Samantha Bilton.
- Chicago FoodCultura Clarion update
- Saturday, October, 2022 @ 10 AM @ Chinese American Museum of Chicago: Chinese Cuisine in America: Stories, Struggles and Successes (Fee involved)
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022 @ 3:00 PM Indiana State Fair: Family Heirloom Recipe Contest located at Culinary Arts Department located in the basement of the Indiana Arts Building. Live Judging.
- Friday, August 12, 2022, Winners announced at 12:00 PM Illinois State Fair: Family Heirloom Recipe Contest located at the Hobby, Arts and Craft Building. Closed judging. Winners announced between 12:00 and 12:15 pm.
- Saturday, August 13, 2022 @ 2:30 PM Missouri State Fair: Family Heirloom Recipe Contest located at the Home Economics Building.
- Sunday, September 4, 2022 @ 1:00 PM South Dakota State Fair: Family Heirloom Recipe Contest located at the Women’s Building
- September 30, 2021: Heirloom Apple Tour – it actually happened!